Last Friday we continued a great Bergeman tradition-canning green beans! Now this isn't just a few beans from the garden the is boxes and boxes of green beans, we're talking like 60 pounds!!! It's out of control. I remember when I was like ten and my mom and I stayed up all night watching Lorenzo's Oil and snapping beans. We always have quite the assembly line going, this time James and I snapped all 60 lbs while Mom washed and stuffed the jars, then we put the lids on, at this point I ditched out for a previous engagement and poor Mom was left to pressure cook all 61 jars by herself, she was up until 2:00 am, she's the canning queen!
Here's Malachi making his contribution.
2 comments:
Holy Cow!! What a canning queen yo momma is! I love canned beans - but too much work for me I'm afraid. I'll have to try it one year. I haven't done it since I was little. I remember hating snapping the beans - mostly cuz I'd run into webs or spiders - eek! OK, maybe I'll never try it!
That is some serious canning! I remember snapping green beans growing up, but it was never that many at a time!
Love the picture of Malachi!
Post a Comment